When I get there

I used to think I would die young. I’m not sure why those thoughts were in my head. I just didn’t foresee a future of me getting old. But now, I do hope I get old so I can see my son grow up. Have grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Watching my aunt pass away and seeing all of the people gathered around her to help in the end made me realize how much I want to be surrounded by family. Lots and lots of family.

And yet, even if I grow old and everyone’s gone except me, the kids are too busy with their lives & their own kids to visit, I will hold these times close. I will wrap the memory of these days around me like a soft, familiar blanket. I will comfort myself with the remembered feel of my sons arms around my neck as he climbs down from his high chair, pausing at the end to just stand there and hug me. I will store up these times and treasure them.

He’s small now, but he won’t be for long. I want to treasure the big things. The little things. The ordinary, everyday things. Things to keep me warm with rosy memories in my old age. When I get there. I do plan to get there.

Category: babbling, me, me, me  Tags:
  1. Christine says:

Thinking good thoughts for your recovery. You will get “there”!!

I guess the timing could be construed as worry about my surgery, but part of this has been sitting around for a couple of weeks, waiting for me to finish it. I tend to have those types of thoughts late at night.

2. Laura Lohr : My Beautiful Life (3 comments.) says:

This was so beautifully written! I think these same things when I look at my daughter. I want to save all these precious moments up!

It has been quite a while since I visited, but always enjoy your writing!
    .-= Laura Lohr : My Beautiful Life´s last blog ..Looks Like I Made It! =-.

Thank you, Laura. So glad to have you stop by. Admittedly, I haven’t gotten around to my usual reads as much either. Been trying to step away from the computer a little more!

3. Vixen (4 comments.) says:

Well written. Enjoy him now, for he will grow faster than seems possible. Although, then you get grandkids and that is just all the fun and none of the work!
    .-= Vixen´s last blog ..Demons, Be Gone =-.

4. Retta Ourth (1 comments.) says:

Fed up with obtaining low numbers of useless traffic for your site? Well i want to share with you a fresh underground tactic that produces myself $900 every day on 100% AUTOPILOT. I possibly could be here all day and going into detail but why dont you simply check their website out? There is really a great video that explains everything. So if your serious about making simple money this is the site for you. Auto Traffic Avalanche