New favorite

We bought a doorway jumper a few months ago, since the kid loves to stand on our laps and bounce. For what seems like hours. And hours. He resisted the jumper, though. He tried for a little while, but didn’t like something about it. He cried after a few minutes each time I put him in. So into the closet it went.

But as with most of his toys, if we just wait a while he might like them. And the last two days, he finally likes it. Actually, he loves it.

You know those videos of kids, where they’re trying so hard not to fall asleep in their food or during whatever activity enthralls them at the moment? That’s my son in his jumper. He bounces and bounces, until he can’t even keep his head up. His pace will slow, his head starts to loll, then he furiously starts bouncing again. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Here’s the thing. I can’t stop laughing. He’s so tired that I really want to put him to bed. But he’s not ready to stop bouncing. It’s a cross between pitiful and hysterical. Mostly hysterical. Because the cute? It kills.

Before putting him to bed? I grabbed the video camera. Of course.

Category: Uncategorized
  1. Mrs. S (1 comments.) says:

thanks for stopping by yesterday! I appreciate all the kind comments.

Mrs. S’s last blog post..SITS is the BEST

You’re welcome! I enjoyed reading your posts. :)

becky’s last blog post..How do you process something like this, anyway?

3. Shawna (2 comments.) says:

I bet it is so cute, and I’d be laughing, too. I really regret that we didn’t get one for our youngest, but I think he’s probably too big now. *sigh*

Shawna’s last blog post..New Email

4. Julie @ the calm before the stork (13 comments.) says:

Hey, I thought the same thing as Shawna after reading your post! Frankie loves it so much now, I wonder if it’s too late for Jonah? He’s got two stationary jumpers but he doesn’t seem into them anymore…

Julie @ the calm before the stork’s last blog post..official word list

@shawna – we got it a little early for him. at 12 months, he’s just now starting to really enjoy it. i can’t remember how long they said it would work, but i think it goes by weight.

@julie – i just started trying it again recently. and jonah is probably still a lot smaller than frankie, so he’ll fit it even longer than our kiddo. if you have one, you might try it. but i don’t know about buying a new one since it’s hard to tell what they’ll like.

6. Jennifer (6 comments.) says:

We had one of these for my son when he was little. He loved it. He used the bouncing as an opportunity to land on the cat.

Jennifer’s last blog post..Obama Proofing The White House

@jennifer – hahhaa! that’s too funny.