After working on this for ages, I finally managed to finish my 100 things. Are there repeats? I didn’t go back to the first part, but I hope not. Enjoy, if you dare.
1. I love to cook.
2. But I hate to clean up afterwards (I will anyway, though).
3. I went back to school in 1999 and I’m still slowly plugging away. And proud of it!
4. I’m working towards a literature/writing degree.
5. My girlfriend is the one that suggested it/ helped me realize what I wanted to pursue.
6. I’m a hillbilly. Yup, raised in the sticks.
7. But my parents didn’t raise me to be backwards; unlike a lot of my relations/acquaintances.
8. I want to travel; I want to see Italy, Spain, Australia, New Zealand & many others.
9. I don’t know if I have the patience for a novel, but maybe I’ll try someday.
10. I don’t know if I have enough to say to fill a novel.
11. I got married just before my 19th birthday.
12. I divorced 6 years later.
13. I was born in Missouri.
14. No, I don’t pronounce it Miz-ur-ah & I hate it when people correct my pronounciation of it. If I’d meant Miz-ur-ah, I would’ve said it!
15. I can fold a fitted sheet so well, you’ll think it’s a flat sheet.
16. I wouldn’t mind laundry if there weren’t two flights of stairs between me & the machines.
17. And if I didn’t have to keep quarters handy all the time.
18. I love chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.
19. And raw chocolate chip cookie dough – salmonella be damned!
20. I loved raw meatloaf when I was a kid. Can’t even stand it cooked now.
21. Yes, I had an ez-bake oven.
22. But I also had all of the Star Wars action figures.
23. And match box cars & tonka toys.
24. I don’t ride a bike enough to be really good at it. I can do it, just not as well as everyone else.
25. Maybe my eyesight gives me a balance problem on the bike.
26. I love to fish. Saltwater & freshwater.
27. I went on an 8 day fishing trip in June 2002.
28. It was the best vacation I’ve ever had.
29. I recently got a temporary promotion from an assistant to an analyst.
30. It only lasts 6 months – but who knows what will happen after that?
31. I’m enjoying it tremendously.
32. My s/o & I have been together 5 years in June.
33. He has a 15 year old daughter.
34. She’s very smart – probably too much for her own good.
35. I think I could write for a magazine.
36. But I’m not sure yet what I would write about.
37. I want to learn to speak Italian.
38. I should start that class in the fall.
39. I’m excited and a little nervous about taking on new work responsibilities.
40. I hate unions.
41. But I also hate union-busters.
42. Both situations are lose-lose.
43. I’m falling in love with Baja.
44. The people are kick-back & the countryside is amazing.
45. I would like to have a small place there (Baja).
46. But I also want to move back to Missouri if I have kids.
47. I want my children to grow up near their grandparents.
48. J’s parents passed on, so my parents would be the only ones to spoil their grandkids. I don’t want to deny them that.
49. Did I mention that I love steak?
50. And gorgonzola cheese. Yum.
51. Makes me warm thinking about the two of them together. Oooooo.
52. I want to go to the UK in 2004.
53. I would love to be a travel writer or do a show for the travel channel.
54. I want to break into voiceover work, but don’t know how.
55. I hate being on a tight budget.
56. Being paid by the state sucks monkey puss, especially when they’re in a budget crisis & are threatening to pay us minimum wage until it’s resolved.
57. I went to the same school district for 13 years (including kindergarten).
58. I hate pepperoni pizza.
59. But I’ll eat pepperoni on a supreme pizza (I’d prefer not to have it at all).
60. I’ve had 3 brand new cars in my lifetime. My ex wrecked two of them. I sold the third to get rid of the payment.
61. I’ve worked damn hard the last 6 years to get my credit back in order. I’m almost there, no thanks to my ex.
62. I hate community property laws. Maybe they’re to some people’s advantage, but all they’ve done is screw me over.
63. I’ve considered becoming a lawyer just so I won’t get f*@%ed by the legal system again.
64. And to help other women that have been run over by the courts.
65. I know the FCRA & FDCPA intimately, to my chagrin.
66. I try to get by as 5’9″, but I’m really about 5’8 3/4″.
67. I’m the heaviest I’ve ever been before, and J thinks I’m absolutely sexy.
68. He needs help.
69. I’ve had glasses since the age of 2.
70. I want laser surgery so bad I can taste it. But I have a lot of other things I want to do before I spend the money on it.
71. I really want a Mac laptop.
72. And a new digital camera (my old one has too much of a shutter delay).
73. I consolidated my debts thru the bank & have no qualms about it. I’m looking to be debt free, not worrying about my score.
74. I love photography.
75. If I could travel, take pictures, and write about it, I’d be very happy.
76. To share it with someone I love would be even better.
77. I love to sing.
78. Songs by Patsy Cline seem to fit my range quite well.
79. I like to listen to old Hank Williams songs.
80. I used to hate to hear Willie Nelson. But he kinda grows on you.
81. The project I was promoted (temporarily) to? Ends June ’04. But I got a promotion to another department so now I don’t care. I’m officially an analyst now.
82. I’m addicted to Bloggerville, thanks to Wendy.
83. I think owning a restaurant, despite the hard work, would be an awesome experience.
84. I don’t know what I really want to do with my degree (once I get it).
85. I’m going to participate in NaNoWriMo – probably this year – even if it kills me.
86. I like too many kinds of music to classify my taste.
87. I can’t do without some type of personal organizer – either my Franklin Covey or Palm Pilot.
88. I’m learning to be a better photographer.
89. And writer. I’m reading John Dufresne’s The Lie That Tells a Truth and it’s wicked good.
90. Did I mention I love to learn new things?
91. I get bored without some type of new challenge.
92. But completing things – with my attention span – is the real challenge that I haven’t tackled yet.
93. I love salads.
94. I love to be around people with a great sense of humor.
95. J certainly keeps me entertained. You should hear the voices he can do. Cracks me up every time.
96. Moonstruck and So I Married an Axe Murderer are two of my favorite movies. I never get tired of watching them.
97. But Pirates of the Carribbean may get added to that list, because I must have a copy when it comes out.
98. I miss the drinking water from back home. Well water. It’s the purest, cleanest tasting water there is.
99. I hope I haven’t repeated myself. Will I go back & check? Maybe. Eventually.
100. I have read the entire Bible over the course of my life. But it’s been so long I need to go back & do it again.